Job Title: Proposal Writer
Location: South Africa
Employment Status: Full Time
THE PURPOSE OF THE CONTRACT:
JOINT AID MANAGEMENT (JAM) Head Quarters in South Africa is offering a Fixed termed contract for a grant writer with relevant, demonstrated background and experience in developing and writing proposals, particularly with experience in the area of Grant making Organisations and Foundations. The Proposal Writer’s main role will be to work with JAM Affiliate Office’s, the JAM Field Offices and the local Head Quarters in order to lead the process of developing a proposals for JAM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:-
The Proposal Writer will lead the JAM team and partners through the development of the proposal strategy, design of The Action for the proposal and lead the writing of the proposal in response to a Call for Proposal. The Proposal Writer will manage this process in consultation with JAM Affiliate and Field Offices as well as relevant JAM and local partners to ensure a timely, compliant and competitive proposal is submitted on behalf of JAM.
The concept note and full application must be submitted timeously. The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to promote an inclusive and empowered society in JAM globally to become more engaged in national reforms and community development.
Specific Required Tasks
- Develop a clear timeline for the proposal development, with clear allocation of required tasks to JAM staff and local partners.
- Project manage the proposal development process towards the timely submission of a compliant and competitive proposal on behalf of JAM.
- Lead and document the problem analysis process with the relevant stakeholders and collate the relevant information in the funding proposal.
- Perform context analysis of the target area in the field of social empowerment and include this information, as relevant, in the proposal submission.
- Guide and lead the technical aspects of the overall process of proposal formulation, including review and completion of the log frame.
- Participate in the budget development in collaboration with JAM finance, Head Quarter’s and Affiliate Offices to ensure a well-rationalised, feasible and competitive budget is developed for the proposal.
- Conduct two focus-groups in the relevant area and one focus group with National Stakeholders to ensure community consultation regarding this project’s goal and activities and documented in the proposal.
- Provide on-the-job capacity building to JOINT AID MANAGEMENT’s relevant Field Office staff in order to enhance their skills in writing proposals, giving them small tasks to accomplish such as indicators development or context writing.
- Finalize the full proposal including narrative, logframe and budget. Share it and get feedback & approval of JAM Executive team and JAM Affiliate Offices and Field Offices on the overall proposal design, logframe and budget.
- Provide weekly feedback to relevant staff within JAM Global.
PROPOSAL WRITER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The Proposal Writer should have the following competencies and experiences:
- Significant technical experience in successfully developing proposals for the company and other relevant stakeholders.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g. Social Sciences, Public Health, etc).
- Demonstrated knowledge on project cycle management and the log frame approach.
- Familiarity with civil society and NGO engagement, preferably with experience in the context of Government Grants and large corporates
- A strong understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Strong analytical and research capacity
- Good analytical and critical thinking.
- Strong English language proficiency
To apply, please download and fill the application form on the link below, then send it back with your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.